Artist: Les C. Kouba
Located at the Crow River Dam
Undoubtedly, Chief Little Crow is our most famous sculpture. There have been two statues of Chief Little Crow at the Crow River dam site near downtown Hutchinson.
The first was created by Hutchinson native Les C. Kouba in 1937. It was constructed of molded concrete over a metal frame with a copper-plated finish.
In 1982, Kouba was asked to create a new, updated Chief Little Crow statue. He accepted the commission and designed it in bronze.
The original statue can be found at the McLeod County Historical Museum in Hutchinson.